Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cinnamon Nutella Pancakes!

Sorry for the bad picture I don't have a very good camera at the moment.

So yesterday I decided to finally make myself a good breakfast. Seeing how its the most important meal of the day. I scrounged through my pantry and fridge to see what I had and decided pancakes were going to be it.

I don't know about you but I'm a sucker for pancakes, be it morning or night. Then the thought of adding Nutella into the mix just made it all that much better:). I'm also not a syrup fan.

Now for the recipe and the yummy goodness of the pancakes.

Cinnamon Nutella Pancakes

• 1 cup all purpose flour
• 1/2 cup King Arthur whole wheat flour
• 3 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
• 1 tsp Salt
• 1 Tbsp Sugar
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 1/4 cup Milk
• 1 egg
• 3 Tbsp butter melted
Nutella for spreading on pancakes

Directions:
1. In a bowl, mix together the first 6 ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and melted butter.
3. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together until smooth.
4. Warm greased griddle or ( if your like me and don't have one) a frying pan over medium heat. Pour the batter onto the griddle or pan and brown on both sides. About 2-3 mins each.
5. Serve warm with Nutella spread over the top and enjoy. :)

You can add just about anything you want to this recipe, just remember if its a solid (e.g Nuts, chocolate chips, or whatever else your heart or stomach desires) FOLD it in at the end just before pouring it into the pan.

I'm in no way a health nut. I'm on a see food diet. I see food I eat it. ;). On the other hand I don't just take an entire chocolate cream pie and eat it. I am big on portion control. Anything is okay in moderation. So make a few pancakes. Slap on some Nutella or syrup and have a cup of tea or coffee instead of milk and then you'll be fine just don't eat the whole stack of pancakes lol. I almost did. Besides these aren't actually all that bad for you seeing as I snuck in the whole wheat flour and there is only 1 tbsp of sugar for the entire recipe. And if you don't want to add the Nutella and just keep it simple then that's perfect too.

Leaving off on that note ill talk to you all later. Have a great Wednesday :)



No comments:

Post a Comment